The story of the creation of The Republic of tea as told through the book The Republic of Tea: The Story of the Creation of a Business, as Told Through the Personal Letters of Its Founders.
Topics discussed in this podcast:
A business is born (0:01), don't start a business unless you are the first customer (22:49), what it is like to fall in love with an idea (25:31), starting a business is like making a movie (27:15), on slowing down (32:32), the problem with being able to argue both sides of an idea (37:00), editing & narrowing your focus (46:51), ideas in the form of action (51:39), history doesn't repeat, human nature does (57:00), the doubts of nascent entrepreneurship (59:51), Steve Jobs had one speed: Go (1:07:39), be the customer, not the seller (1:16:21), Bill finally gets it (1:22:00)
How to help Founders podcast:
- Become a misfit. You'll immediately unlock 17 private podcasts + get an extra podcast each week. Decide how much value you get from Founders podcast each month: $5 | $10 | $45 | $100
- Donate a one time amount here.
- Founders Notes: Get the key ideas from entrepreneurs delivered to your inbox every Sunday.
- If you want to buy one of the books featured on Founders podcast you can see them all here.
- My personal twitter: https://twitter.com/davidsenra1